We had the good fortune of connecting with Josh Pather and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi Josh, we’d love to hear more about how you thought about starting your own business?
So I can take vacations when I want. Spend time with my family and not have to work during holidays and weekends.
I can control how much I make based on my output.
At a job you are on a fixed income and have to wait till the next raise.
Its a very hard and takes several years to get off the ground but once that phase is over life is great and the sky is the limit.
Alright, so for those in our community who might not be familiar with your business, can you tell us more?
We started renting photo booths 10 years ago – there was no blueprint or anyone to follow who had done it before. We made so many mistakes from accounting to hiring. Our business grew really fast doing over 6 figures in the first year. We became the go to company for corporate events for photo booth.
At each event we always had people asking us where they can buy a photo booth from so that inspired me start Photo Booth International we sell photo booths and provide every single thing you will need to have a successful photo booth rental business.
Im proud to say we have helped over 4000 people start a photo booth business.
Some lessons I learned along the way.
– Inspect what you expect
– Never hire family
– Learn about accounting and always read any contracts you sign
– Make as many youtube videos about your business as you can
– Do one thing until you hit a million then expand on the existing business model (most ppl cannot stay focused)
– Pull all you eggs in one basket
– You don’t need 7 streams of income (that is a myth to keep you poor and unfocused)
– Dont take in too much information at once only learn what you can implement right away and move the ball forward
– make sure you have business insurance and proper LLC setup
– Saying “oh my account handles that or my attorney knows” means you are bad business owner
– Review your profit and loss statement each month
– You don’t need to know everything you need to know enough so that you don’t get skrewed over.
Any places to eat or things to do that you can share with our readers? If they have a friend visiting town, what are some spots they could take them to?
– Velvet Tacos – Virgin Hotel
– Cowboys stadium
– The construction on i30 hahaha
– Monarch restaurant
– Canvas Hotel rooftop Bar
Who else deserves some credit and recognition?
Grant And Elena Cardone The 10X Rule Book
My Wife Jazmine Pather