We had the good fortune of connecting with Gabby Prosise and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi Gabby, how has your work-life balance changed over time?
I feel like in the line of work I do, this is THE MOST popular obstacle for most people I speak with. Finding balance in life can be quite tricky at times especially when you’re a mom, or when you have a full time job on top of working a side biz.
How I have found balance, is by:
1. leaning into my teammates when I feel like Im in a funk and just can’t figure life out. we have all been in rough patches in life, so at least 1 or 2 ladies can relate to what Im going thru.
2. waking up early! Im NOT a morning person, but on the days I wake up before my kids and get my workout + work done before my girls wake up. Im the HAPPIEST, and feel SO PRODUCTIVE!! BEST FEELING EVER!!!
3. Write out my WHY, and have it close by so that when I start to feel like I just can’t handle everything I need to do for my business and life I can refocus.
4. Listen to my personal development book to help me stay self motivated and learn new tactics for my business and try new approaches. It also helps me stay sane in a world where I have to self motivate myself and sometimes those around me. We all can’t be 100% all the time, thats when my personal development book helps get my butt in gear.
5. And lastly not overthink things, and just DO IT!!! I won’t ever be able to find balance in my life if I just sit around wishing I could have balance. I just have to act and everything will fall into place.
When I first started my Coaching Business, I had an infant and a 4 year old. I was busy and overwhelmed. But I chose to set aside some time in the pockets of my day to work my business and take 30 minutes to work on my own personal health so that I could be the best version of myself for my family.
Can you give our readers an introduction to your business? Maybe you can share a bit about what you do and what sets you apart from others?
what sets what I do apart from most other companies is that I get to choose who I want to work with. Everyday I look forward to hopping on our work sesh to chat and bounce off ideas with my girls!
I attribute my success to having an amazing team. when you love the people you work alongside you work harder and enjoy what you do. Its definitely not easy showing up everyday when you are self employed but staying consistent helps the work flow smoother.
Some of the lessons I have learned is to always treat my business like a business and it will treat me like a business. Ever since I made the mental switch to thinking this way I have seen a drastic change in my business.
Any places to eat or things to do that you can share with our readers? If they have a friend visiting town, what are some spots they could take them to?
Since Im a mom and my friends are moms, one of the most fun things we have done locally is gone to Addison and ate at Glorias because we love texmex and then right down the street there’s a kids play area called Kids Empire Dallas off of Arapaho Road.
Right outside of there is a courtyard and a park so the kids can play while the parents sit and drink and have burgers at a local restaurant. Being outdoors on a beautiful day is always our go to!
Shoutout is all about shouting out others who you feel deserve additional recognition and exposure. Who would you like to shoutout?
My mentor + coach Jessy Bento is a huge part of my success, we have been accountability partners from the beginning of my postpartum journey. she has instilled in me that I CAN attitude and together our journey has been so much fun!
and lastly our whole team, who are always uplifting everyone and cheering us on.