We had the good fortune of connecting with Claire Haidar and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi Claire, what habits do you feel helped you succeed?
1. I take 24 hours of total unplugged rest every single week: no technology, no work. As far as possible I try to get out into nature with my family.
2. Every night as I am falling asleep, I lie in bed and run through all the things I am grateful for in the day that just passed.
3. Exercise 3x a week is a non-negotiable for me.
4. I have deliberately stayed in contact with my lifelong friends from childhood. This has not been easy because they are in South Africa but I make a point of sharing my life in photos and stories with them every month. I write them personal letters. I believe it is important to stay connected to the people who know the entire thread of our lives, who understand our evolution and can reflect that back to you.
5. Marriage counselling and a weekly date night are non-negotiables in my marriage. Both these things make me a better leader in my business.
6. Every year I start the year with a goal wall exercise. I have been doing this for 8 years and it has become an anchor in my life: https://www.instagram.com/p/CI6dYsknM5E/?igshid=ar6szy0326r2
7. I work on my own mental models. I am currently working on mental fallacies and I am training my brain to rewire itself to rid my thinking of these fallacies that we succumb to.
What should our readers know about your business?
WNDYR is the go-to company for teams who want to transform how they work. We are proudest of the fact that we have built this company to be a fully remote team from day 1 in 2015 and that we have served more than 4000 customers due to the remote, flexible structure. We want the world to know that work can be a transformative, life-altering experience for people if organizations are structured in ways that allow people to truly embrace life and work as an integrated whole.
Let’s say your best friend was visiting the area and you wanted to show them the best time ever. Where would you take them? Give us a little itinerary – say it was a week long trip, where would you eat, drink, visit, hang out, etc.
- Greenville Avenue
- Drexel Avenue
- Fairy park
- Highland Park
- Library La La Kind Cafe
- The Audubon
- Cycle around white rock lake
- A flight out to the Red River with Stature Aviation
The Shoutout series is all about recognizing that our success and where we are in life is at least somewhat thanks to the efforts, support, mentorship, love and encouragement of others. So is there someone that you want to dedicate your shoutout to?
Photos by Erin Bird Photography.