What’s the right balance between work and non-work time? The traditional 9-5 has slowly disappeared with the emails and zoom and texting going far beyond traditional business hours. We asked members of our community to share with us how they think about work-life balance.

Carissa Mendoza | Hairdresser

Work life balance is something that needs to be revisited frequently. How I seek out that balance now is very different than my approach 5 years ago and it will be different in the next 5 years. I think “balancing” and being “in balance” are also different approaches to the question. At present I am balancing being a business owner, co-worker, mentor, wife, mom, and friend just to name a few roles I find myself in. It is not so much a balancing act of keep the scale level but more like a pie or circle where the size of each piece is changing to accommodate the others and keep everything moving forward. Each area requires different skill sets of mine and individual amounts of attention. I used to have the thought that in order to have a perfect work life balance I needed to be able to give work 110% when at work at my personal or family life 110% when not at work. This however never seems to end with me feeling any bit of balance. Quite the opposite actually, I usually end up overwhelmed and feeling as though I have let others and myself down. Read more>>

Judi Kim | Broker Associate & REALTOR®

When I first started my real estate career, I was so excited that I put 110% focus into work so there was not much work life balance at all. Over the years, I’ve learned my time is valuable and learned to say no and when to focus and when to relax. Now, I am able to spend time with family and enjoy it rather than worry about work all the time. To me, work life balance is so important to not getting burnt out. Read more>>

Vaishali Verma | Fashion Influencer, Content Creator & Software Engineer

I was never a person who would give special thought about my Work Life Blanace. Why? Cause me and my husband mostly will do stuff in sync. Liek if you work, I work. If you cook, I clean. If u watch soccer, I do ccontent creation. BUT in Last 1.5 years things have changed. I became a mom. Now it is not just Work, Home, Content Creation and Social Life. Now I have a baby who is totally dependent on me. Who needs my time and love. The answer to Workk Life Balance chnaged right there. My work is limited to workk hours. If my baby needs attention, I shift my work to late night hours. I have top be come flexible. Best part the support from my husband. He helps me in everything so that I have time for my work life and and also follow my passion of blogging. The path is not easy. The balance is tough. But I have learnt one thing, Not everything is important or has to be in top most priority. One has to priortize. Pick your things. You will be able to acheive more and be at peace. I get this question a lot, How do I do a full time job , blogging and take care of baby. Read more>>

Ashley Friemel | Travel Blogger & Makeup Artist

When I worked in finance, my schedule was black and white (for the most part). I worked during business hours and was able to unplug when I went home at night and while on vacation. Of course things would come up here and there, but for the most part, when you weren’t in the office you weren’t spending considerable time working outside of “normal business hours”. Once I switched to a more unconventional career path, travel blogging + being a makeup artist for weddings and events, my schedule completely flipped. Being a makeup artist, I work a lot of weekends, which was to be expected. This career is a little more straight forward since I am in charge of my schedule and decide how busy I want to make my schedule. It’s also a job where when you leave, you’re done. Travel blogging on the other hand is a situation where you could work 24/7 and still have something to do. About 10% of my time is spent actually writing and creating content. The other 90% is learning, social media, SEO, etc. With something like a blog, you have to stay up to date on the latest trends and best practices. Read more>>